Normally, people don’t pay much attention to RV camper accessories, but only when they encounter some problems, do they realize their necessity. One such accessory is RV steps. These stairs are used several times a day, handle a lot of weight, and are exposed to climatic factors, such as rain and mud. Therefore, they tend to get in bad shape quickly.
If you are a first-time buyer, it can be challenging to pinpoint what specific product will be the most suitable choice for your RV. Even a high-quality product may come across as disappointing should its features not perfectly align with your needs. So here are three essential features you must keep in mind when buying the best RV steps.
- Design and size: RV steps come in many forms. You can choose a step stool for RV if you want something light and simple. A pull-down style gets attached to your RV door for security while a foldable step offers an electric design for convenience. In addition, the dimensions of your RV steps should fit your door. Get the width of your entrance door and the height from the ground, then round the numbers up. In this article, the width varies from 14-30 inches while the height goes as much as nine inches.
- Toughness: You’d want the RV steps to endure any weather conditions and weight. Look for a solid step that’s made of a heavy-duty material and a weight capacity that’s suitable for your needs. Some of the most durable models in this list can support up to 1,000 lbs.
- Extra Features: The stability of the RV steps is important to ensure safety each time you use them. Also, look for a long warranty so you can ask for a replacement from the manufacturers if the steps get damaged.
So, let’s get started and see how different variants can benefit.
|Product name||Outstanding Features|
|Camco Aluminum Step||
|MOR/Ryde Inc. Step 4||
Table of Contents
- Top 12 RV Step Reviews
- 1. Camco Aluminum Platform Step
- 2. Lippert Components Premium SolidStep
- 3. MOR/Ryde International Inc. Step 4
- 4. Stromberg Carlson EHS-102-R Second Step
- 5. Homeon Wheels Stable RV Steps
- 6. MOR/Ryde International Inc. StepAbove
- 7. Lippert RV Double Entry Step
- 8. Quick Products QP-S5W2S Economy
- 9. Lippert Components Alumi-Tread
- 10. Buyers Products 3013658 Poly Step
- 11. Quick Products JQ-S150 Platform Step
- 12. C. R. Brophy AS04 Aluminum Scissor Steps
- What To Know Before Buying RV Steps
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top 12 RV Step Reviews
This review consists of factors that I have found in my personalized research and testing of the products. So, it is based on my individual experience with them.
1. Camco Aluminum Platform Step
When you don’t want to go through all the hassle of installation and maintenance, portable RV steps are the way out. There can be several portable options to choose from. However, I recommend this one because of its powerful features and a very affordable price.
Going on camping in an RV means carrying a lot of stuff with you. The very first property of Camco RV step is that it can tolerate up to 1000 pounds of weight. When you need to carry those heavy loads, it will give you comfortable support. Plus, it won’t break from your or the article’s weight.
Another great thing about Camco is that it can be adjusted according to the height of your vehicle. Even for leveling on irregular surfaces, you can alter its height between 7.5 inches to 9 inches. It is made from sturdy and robust aluminum, with its platform measuring 19 inches x 14.5 inches. All these aspects account for the support provided by the product.
Being a portable product, you can easily keep it inside the vehicle whenever it isn’t in use. This will turn it trouble-free for you to carry the step and increase its durability since it will not be affected by climatic factors like rainwater and mud. The stairs’ weight adds to this benefit as you won’t have any trouble carrying it anywhere. In case it gets muddy, you can clean it easily.
One of the top-rated factors that come to my mind with these best RV steps is how well they hold with the ground. In case they don’t have a steady grip, they won’t be able to balance the weight, and you will hurt yourself by slipping. This isn’t a problem with Camco due to its rubber covering on the bottom. It forms a perfect grip on the ground.
2. Lippert Components Premium SolidStep
Not all RVs are the same, and neither of them meets everyone’s needs. There are multiple variants of the stairs that you can pick from as per your needs. So, you won’t have to settle for something that isn’t comfortable for you.
For example, I prefer three steps outside the door of my RV which makes the entry/exit free from trouble. On the flip side, you may want only a couple of steps that are easy for you to cover the vehicle’s height. In such cases, we both need different products, or we can opt for Lippert aluminum folding step RV.
You can select the width of the product according to the RV you have. It has two options of solid step, 26-inch and 30-inch. The 26-inch variant is good enough to fit in RV doors that scale between 25 inches and to 28.9-inches. And, the 30-inch variant can be used for RV doors of widths 29 inches to 36 inches.
Talking about benefits, I personally feel that this item provides additional support with its extra-wide top step. Once your leg feels stable on the top step, you can easily maintain that balance on the remaining ones. It has got adjustable leg extensions that help increase stability on uneven surfaces, which is commonly used in camping.
When you aren’t using the steps, you can easily fold it and fit right into the door. In order to stop it from slipping and avoid any damage, there are two safety latches on both sides of the stair. After getting it in position, you can lock it to ensure complete security. Plus, there is a handle available that will help you release these locks.
Another thing that impressed me about Lippert’s steps is that it is easy to install. I didn’t feel much hassle in getting them on the vehicle. And, the durability factor can’t be ignored.
3. MOR/Ryde International Inc. Step 4
You may prefer to keep your original stairs of the RV installed for a long time. People complain that the steps that come with their RV aren’t stable and create problems every now and then. That is why I recommend opting for additional RV steps to ensure they don’t face any troubles.
This is a variant of the above-mentioned MOR/Ryde RV folding steps model. Therefore, it incorporates all its benefits. Starting with durability, the product goes with you for a long time even if you use it vigorously. The tough material manufacturing ensures that it doesn’t get damaged in any weather condition. In case you use the stairs extensively, I will prefer to go for this one.
Unlike the springboard steps, they fall perfectly on the ground and don’t cause any trouble while entering or exiting the RV. Coming to the stability of the stairs, it isn’t only steady on regular surfaces, but you won’t have issues on uneven terrains, just like the previous one. Thus, you can conveniently go for a camping trip or any other adventure without worries.
It can fit right into the door at times of traveling. Plus, the twist handles make it trouble-free to get the steps back on the floor when you have to get out of the vehicle.
4. Stromberg Carlson EHS-102-R Second Step
Camping is a family activity, and you need to include each member in it. Leaving anyone behind isn’t an option here. That is why you will have to pick an RV stair that fits best in everyone’s requirements, not just yours. If there are old members in your family who have trouble balancing themselves or young kids who can’t stop from trembling here and there, I recommend going for Stromberg Carlson.
The simple reason for this recommendation is handrails. Unlike most of the alternatives on this list, Stromberg steps consist of handrails that prove to help with additional support. The rail is high enough that none of your family members will have any trouble holding it. You can go for this even if you don’t have old people or young kids in the house, as a little extra support is good for everyone, right? And, the handrail can be adjusted on either side of the steps, which makes it more useful.
Stepping away from the handrail, several other factors make this item suitable for you. Firstly, it incorporates a platform along with two steps. My experience tells me that RV steps with platforms are always better than the usual stair types. The additional space on the top helps get that stable grip, which assists in moving further on the stairs.
Plus, it isn’t only about the platform step here. The further two steps of the product are also wider than the usual RV steps. These points show that Stromberg is made only with the thought of comfort and support in mind. It even comes with stable legs that can form grips on uneven surfaces. So, there will be no troubles while using it.
5. Homeon Wheels Stable RV Steps
When you don’t want to undergo the hassle of installing the steps and keep the price lower, Homeon portable RV stairs are your answer. The very first reason for this item to be present on this list is its reasonable price. It is cheaper than most of the options mentioned here. So, you won’t have to put much stress on your pocket while making the purchase.
The factor that I feel makes Homeon different from other portable alternatives is its foldable functionality. When you don’t need to use it, you can easily turn in its legs and make it small and convenient to carry. To add up to your comfort, the step also comes with a handle on the side. Thus, you can quickly pick it up and get going anywhere.
With the adjustable height option, this becomes one of the most efficient products to own. Plus, it isn’t limited to be used as an RV step. As it is lightweight and easy to carry, you can keep it near sinks or basins to let your child wash their hands properly. When you get so many benefits at an affordable price, why would you want to ignore Homeon wheels?
There is a wide 16.5-inch x 12.2-inch platform on the top that provides steady support for up to 1000 lbs weights. The platform size is bigger than similar to other options, making this one better than theirs. It also incorporates double locking in its legs to ensure that the legs are secure properly and doesn’t shake while climbing.
There are rubber grips on its legs that produce extra friction between the legs and the floor. Therefore, you can put this anywhere, and it won’t create any unwanted issues or slippages for you.
6. MOR/Ryde International Inc. StepAbove
You may think that any of the branded RV stairs would work fine. But, you realize the importance of a “perfect” set of steps when the wrong one breaks and you fall. Thus, you must pick the right product for the first time itself, considering that you don’t want to waste your money and efforts again and again.
If you are finding camper steps that let you enter/exit the RV stably on uneven grounds, MOR/Ryde is what I recommend. During camping, you will need to visit muddy places that don’t have evenness on the surface. Therefore, these steps serve as one of the most trusted options on this list due to their adjustable feet.
The most interesting factor is that the product comes in different sizes. According to the step height, door width, and flange to flange distance, you can choose from the three available options. It will allow you to fit the steps perfectly on your RV.
In addition to this, I found MOR/Ryde extremely convenient to mount. It didn’t take extra effort or time for me to fit it on the door. The stairs are also adjustable to be folded during trips. That means you can ride your RV without the worry of these hitting on the sides. In case you are bothered about how it will be pushed up and lifted down, let me inform you that it has easy-to-hold twist handles. They will make the work effortless.
Another significant aspect of the steps is that it is made from a tough material, and it provides steady support. It doesn’t matter what you carry in your hands; you won’t be shaken while entering or exiting the vehicle. Plus, they won’t be going anywhere soon due to their extreme durability, which means they require less maintenance overall.
7. Lippert RV Double Entry Step
People usually get a single step for their small RVs. Where this seems reasonable, it may not be much comfort. A single step not only creates trouble in climbing the vehicle, but it can also tremble and make you fall. That is why opting for multiple steps is the most reliable option for anyone. And for the same, I recommend Lippert double RV entry steps.
The double steps of the article assist you in getting into the vehicle easily. You don’t need to climb significant heights of a single step or no step at all. This reduces the risk of slipping, falling, and hurting yourself as you can safely put your feet on safer and lower heights.
Let’s talk about the price and durability of the item. It comes powder coated. That means you don’t need to worry about this stair rusting in the rain and the sun. Powder coating increases the lifespan of the steps, and it lasts longer than other usual steel stairs.
Plus, its price isn’t too high. So, even when you change it in the long-term, it wouldn’t be much heavy in your pocket. Both of these factors minimize your overall investment in the product.
Another thing that might attract you is its usability. Being at a great height, this step can be used for climbing horse trailers. And like the previous Lippert variant, this one also has wider steps, which will make it easy for you to use.
The steps are flexible to be folded. You can turn them in whenever you don’t need to use them, and expand them back while getting off. It helps you in avoiding any damage that may happen to the steps when traveling.
8. Quick Products QP-S5W2S Economy
Pull out, and folding steps seem fancy with your RV as they can simply get off your way whenever not in use. However, they aren’t stable. They can shake with any movement in the vehicle. So, if you have kids who are making a mess inside, you may not be able to use the stairs simultaneously. That is why many people prefer moveable stairs. And, Quick Products is one of the top-tier options for this.
You must know that you don’t need to assemble or mount anything in this stair. Also, there will be no hassle of folding it every time you need to travel and pulling it back whenever required. The significant benefit here is that you won’t have to become an expert in mechanics to get it right. All you have to do is to put it at different locations according to the requirements.
The exciting factor here is that these is RV steps with a handrail, which makes the entry and exit convenient as well as safe. This feature is extremely used, especially when you have members in the house who have trouble maintaining their balance on the stairs. It can be older people, young kids, or children with special requirements. To ensure their proper safety, you need to seek this extra functionality in RV trailer steps.
Along with this, the article also provides wider steps, making it comfortable for people to climb through it. Unlike legged stairs, this doesn’t tremble or shake on uneven surfaces. Thus, you can use it easily.
9. Lippert Components Alumi-Tread
Another member of the Lippert family has made it to this list. It shows how well Lippert builds its travel trailer steps. What makes this different from the previous alternatives is the added stability of steps. I found it interesting that the company put anti-slip grips and made the surface textured as well. Thus, you won’t need to worry about slipping even in adverse weather conditions.
When the stairs aren’t in use, they can be easily folded to keep them safe from any damage. Being made from aluminum, it is extremely lightweight which makes folding and pulling the steps comfortable. There is also a grab handle present at the bottom to increase the ease of the task.
One of the most significant worries while picking aluminum variants is the danger of rusting. It not only makes them appear bad but also decreases their lifespan and makes them risky to use. However, there is no such issue with this stair option. The step platforms are kept rustproof while the frame comes black powder-coated. I personally think this overall protection makes these stairs better than almost all other variants.
Last but not least, the aluminum build of the stair makes it look stylish. If you, just like me, put up the interiors of your RV up to date, the exteriors shouldn’t turn down the vehicle’s overall appearance. With these stairs on the side, you won’t have to worry about that.
10. Buyers Products 3013658 Poly Step
Metal or aluminum RV steps can be challenging to handle, especially if you aren’t familiar with their operations. In case you don’t want all the troubles of installing or handling heavy metals, you can opt for this product, which is made from polyethylene.
The material used in this is UV stable and is of high density. Thus, there are no worries about the stair getting damaged in the sun or not being able to handle weight properly. Being made from polyethylene doesn’t mean the product wouldn’t go for a long time. The heavy-duty item is durable to keep on the resistance for extended periods. With its UV stable feature, it can easily sustain the sun’s heat and remain sturdy.
Plus, it can easily handle weights up to 350 lbs. That means almost anyone can climb them without the worry of breaking the polyethylene.
The interesting fact about the stair is that you don’t need to keep it specific to RV use. Due to its easy to handle design and lightweight, you can even use it at home or any other place that requires elevation. When you are getting a multipurpose piece at such a low price, why would you want to go anywhere else?
Another benefit of opting for this instead of other alternatives is that the steps are non-slippery. They are made as per the design of the usual metal stairs to provide maximum friction and avoid any kind of slip. In comparison to the metal motorhome steps, I found them quite easy to clean as there is no risk of getting rusted. Thus, it can be cleaned with plain water or simply with a cloth.
11. Quick Products JQ-S150 Platform Step
The number of steps doesn’t matter much when you get a stable platform to climb on. If you are seeking something that can handle your weight, doesn’t let you slip, doesn’t slip itself, can be taken anywhere, and doesn’t require preparations, then JQ-S150 is your solution. Trust me, portable RV porch steps can’t get any better than this.
The metal step platform comes with a grip surface that fulfills your requirement of not letting you slip. It provides complete friction to ensure proper safety. So, you don’t end up hurting yourself. Plus, you don’t need to pull it out or push it in every time you want to get out. You only have to place it in front of the door, and your work is done. Whenever you plan on traveling, you can pick it and put it back in the RV.
The primary advantage that I found here is that there is no hassle of mounting or fitting it according to the RV door, unlike various other alternatives. It not only saved my time and effort but also didn’t let me feel like the vehicle lacked anything. Instead of the entire mounting task that usually takes several hours, I just had to pull its legs out, and the item was ready to be used.
Weight is also not a concern here. Until the entire pressure rises beyond 300 lbs, you don’t need to worry about breaking the step. I like the fact of how lightweight it is yet quite strong.
12. C. R. Brophy AS04 Aluminum Scissor Steps
Steps aren’t only utilized on the door of your RV. They can also be used inside the vehicle for purposes like getting on/off the elevated beds. However, the fact that all these heights are different restricts using the same model of stairs for multiple purposes; therefore, you have to look for two separate items. In case you are facing a similar situation, C.R. Brophy is the product you need.
Let’s first focus on the steps’ design that makes it stand out from all the other available alternatives. The stair is made up of a scissor mechanism that lets you fit it in multiple places and fold it for storage. According to the terrain it is used on, the steps automatically adjust.
There are no questions about its durability as it is made from heavy-duty aluminum that gives out strength along with durability. The mounting brackets that come with the stair are easy to install. Thus, you won’t need to put in much effort to get them right. Plus, there is no stress about rusting or any other damage as the steps become compact when they aren’t in use.
The product is also sturdy to provide you with the required support. There is no weight restriction, as well. So, you can carry a considerable weight on them.
Another thing that impressed me is the way these steps look. They can’t spoil the exterior or interior look of your RV in any situation as they look quite good. With all these features, there is almost no chance you can get wrong with these stairs.
What To Know Before Buying RV Steps
As stated earlier, RV steps are one of the most overlooked accessories of the vehicle. However, they need their due attention because, unlike other accessories, they are highly exposed to environmental conditions. If you don’t want to misspend your money on a product that doesn’t turn out to be good, here are some factors that you should consider before buying RV steps.
Why do you require additional RV steps?
You may have received an RV step with your fifth wheel. But, these originally mounted pieces usually don’t go up to the quality mark. If you use your RV often, then the existing steps will start creating problems in no time. That is when you will require an additional RV stair that solves all your issues and proves to be great in quality.
Types of RV steps
It is only when you know all the available types; you can pick the most trusted RV stairs. A few common ones are:
Foldable: There are two categories of foldable, Manual and Electric. Both of these are placed right under the door, and they can be tucked in whenever you don’t use them.
- Become compact when not in use
- Easy to handle
- Remains safe due to folding
- There is no manual work with electric variants
- Manual ones need the effort to be unfolded
- May break due to excessive folding and unfolding
- May not be sturdy on uneven surfaces
Pull-Down: When you are traveling, you can secure them with the door. So, they don’t fall around or create a mess. They can be turned to their original state as per your requirements.
- Doesn’t take space when not in use
- Remains safe
- Most variants have adjustable legs to remain sturdy on uneven surfaces
- Gets locked with the door and doesn’t move
- Requires effort to pull down every time
- May be complex to understand
- Needs the knowledge to install
Platform: RV platform steps consist of only a single stair or step. They can vary based on whether their legs can be folded or not. You don’t have to mount them as they can be placed wherever you need to use them.
- Can be removed when not in use
- Remains safe inside
- Legs may be adjustable
- Usually lighter and easy to handle
- May not fit the height of the door
- May not be sturdy
- May not support higher weights
You may also find wooden RV steps in the market. However, you must remember that RV stairs are exposed to several external factors, and wood is much less resistant to them. They will break before you know it. Investing again and again in the same product may not be a sensible option.
Qualities to look for
A few features you should look for in your RV stairs are:
- Fit: The very first thing to ensure is that the product fits your vehicle well. In case it is smaller or larger than the door, then it will be of no use to you.
- Strength: Before putting your first step on the stair, check whether it can take all the weight or not. This will stop you from overusing or breaking it.
- Warranty: The company may or may not provide you with some warranty over the item. You should look for the one that has a warranty because you can solve any future issues with its help.
- Durability: I have said it before, and I will repeat it, the steps need to be durable so that they can withstand all external factors.
- Sturdiness: No matter where you go on adventures with your RV, you will encounter several uneven terrains. You need to ensure that the stairs are sturdy to support you there.
- Price: The reason for mentioning the price factor is that it is relative. If you buy a cheaper alternative and it breaks soon, you will have to invest in it again, and it will cost more. On the other hand, when you invest in a quality step, you can go with it for a longer time. So, the overall price depends on the quality that you are picking.
If these metal steps are not enough to satisfy you, check our guides for the top-rated RV step covers that will help you to solve that. Moreover, read our latest guide about the top-quality RV flag pole and the top-tier RV ladder if you like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who makes the top-tier RV steps?
There are several brands of RV steps that can be found in today’s market. But, you have to be extra attentive to these because not everyone produces quality products. You need to go only for those brands that have a trusted name. Otherwise, you may end up throwing away your time, money, and efforts. A few reliable names are:
- Quick Products
- Stromberg Carlson
They make it not only durable but also easy to use. With the quality of RV stairs, they have now gained the trust of many RV drivers across the U.S. So, you can trust them as well.
How do RV steps work?
RV steps work by providing you with an additional surface between the RV door and the ground so that you won’t have to jump from a height. They may be mounted underneath the door, behind the door, or kept away from the door. You need to pull it out from there, place it in its open position, and ensure that it is on the ground level. The last step helps increase the stair stability, which secures your balance on it. Then you can conveniently use it.
How to set up and use your RV step?
Once you buy the correct RV step, the first question is how to install or set it up. For this, you will have to go by the following steps:
- Step 1: You will have to begin by removing the old step if there is any. In case your RV doesn’t have any stairs, you can move further.
- Step 2: Between the door threshold and the ground, you will find a transition strip. You will have to remove it in order to mount the new stair accurately.
- Step 3: Now, you need to place the top portion or mount the bracket of the step right in the middle of the door width. There should be a ⅛ clearance on each side for the proper functioning of the step.
- Step 4: Screw all the pieces in their place as guided by the manufacturer. Different stairs have different components. Thus, you have to go by the guide of the particular variant you have chosen.
- Step 5: Once done with all the mechanical parts, you can check whether the stairs are working correctly or not. Also, see if none of the screws are left loose.
- Step 6: Close the stair and the door to check if they both function fine and if the stair doesn’t obstruct the door.
You don’t need to follow these steps if you have opted for a platform stair. In that alternative, you will only have to unfold the legs of the platform and see if any other component is required to be attached manually. You can then start using the stair.
Now that you know how you can set up the stair, let’s move on to using it. It depends on your variant for how you use it.
- Platform: You need to unfold its legs first and then level them according to the surface. It will ensure the best stability. Then, you can place it right below the door of the RV and start using it.
- Pull-Down: You will have to start by unlocking the latches of these stairs. After that, you need to pull them down to the maximum stretch. Once they are in position, you should check the stability and then use it.
- Foldable: These will require some work if they aren’t electric. Electric ones can be opened using a remote or a button, so you don’t need to do anything else. But in case they are manual, you will have to unfold them first. Then check their leveling with the surface. If they have adjustable legs, you can level them according to the ground. Otherwise, you will have to put something below the legs to level them and keep them stable. Then, you can use it.
How do you measure RV steps?
To find the right fit for your RV, you will need to get your vehicle measurements. It will ensure that you don’t end up wasting money on the wrong product. You can check the brand’s website to see how you can measure the steps in order to find the correct match. For example, the Lippert brand asks you to round the measurements taken up to the next even number. Suppose you get 24.5 inches or 25.75 inches. In both cases, you will have to keep the count to 26 inches and go with that option.
Usually, stairs have two measurements:
- Width: This is the distance between two corners of the door. It decides whether or not a certain variant will fit in your vehicle door.
- Height: This is the distance between the bottom of the door and the ground. It decides the height of the stairs or sometimes their count.
How do I repair my RV steps?
When your RV steps start creating a problem, it raises concern about inconvenience and safety. If you try to avoid inconvenience, safety is something that shouldn’t be ignored. You must fix the problem in order to keep yourself and your fellow users secure.
The repairing method will depend on the type of RV step that you have:
- Electric: In this, you will need to check for all the connections and power. The first situation can be where the stairs aren’t getting proper power. Otherwise, some connections may have gotten loose. Check for the exact problem and then go for the solution according to your product and brand.
- Mechanical: This one generally has two problems, rusting and stuck-hinge. For the first one, you will either need to repaint the product or change it altogether. If the hinges are stuck, you will have to oil them or check the exact issue and then find the solution.
How many steps do I need?
It depends on the size of your RV and your health condition. If you own a small camper like a toy hauler, a single step might suffice. You can also choose this type of step if you want to challenge yourself on a big leap.
For average people, two steps are enough to walk up and down conveniently. If you suffer from arthritis or other joint problems, increase the steps to three so that you can use the stairs more comfortably. Consider getting four steps if you own a fifth-wheeler or other large RV types.
The most suitable way to be sure is to measure the height of your entryway and estimate how far you can bend your knees.
How to make do it yourself RV steps?
There are so many excellent ideas for making DIY RV steps. One of them is to build portable RV steps. For this project, we’ll be using treated wood rather than metal because it’s easier to work with.
Here are the steps.
- First, prepare the two side pieces of your staircase with the zigzag pattern. The boards should be at least one inch thick to hold much weight.
- Line the boards up at each side and put the back piece. The back piece should have two 2×2 jigs to hold the two side boards.
- Insert the side boards into the back piece and secure them with spikes for stability.
- Place the stepping board on each stair.
- Now, it’s time to use a stabilizer to make the steps steady. If you can’t find one, you can use a bottle jack or scissor jack as a homemade RV step support.
Can you drive an RV with the steps out?
No, you can’t drive with the steps out because they may cause a traffic hazard on the road. The steps might hit another vehicle and get damaged in the process. To secure your steps and make sure they don’t unfold while you’re driving, you can tie them with bungee strings.
How to make RV entrance steps be safer for dogs and for elderly?
Make sure that your truck camper steps aren’t too high for your dogs and old folks to step into. If you find the steps a bit frail, upgrade the stairs with metal pieces for extra durability. You can also consider making an inclined ramp with a landing to make them walk up and down nicely.
Where to buy RV steps?
RV steps may cost as much as $1,200 when made of an electric assembly in Amazon and other online stores. To save cost, you can look for used RV steps in the aftermarket. You can also save money when buying the steps on sale in RV proprietary stores.
Finding the best RV steps for your fifth wheel is not an easy task. You will have to examine several factors if you don’t want to waste your money on the wrong products. But, even after considering these points, you can get confused with so many brands.
The most effective way here is to go for a trusted brand and check their reviews. Only then can you pick an alternative that has already been tried, tested, and approved. When it works for others, it will work for you.
Okay, so I’m Philip Lopez. I join Riverside Trailer as an editor, where I will be doing research for both content and reviews. I contribute to studies aimed at understanding the most typical problems encountered by RVers on the road. I also keep up with the newest RVing gadget innovations so that I can promptly evaluate and recommend the best options.